Monday 20 July 2009

Picnics


When the weather is decent, there's nothing better than having a picnic with your favourite people. There are lots of lovely parks near to where I live so i am fortunate enough to enjoy a few picnics every summer. When i picnic in my local park i am able to take my dog Holly which makes the experience much more enjoyable for me. We sit near a tree so she can get some shade, bring a bowl of water for her and a few treats and she's perfectly happy for a good few hours.



I also love having picnics with my friends, it gives us a chance to catch up, eat and sunbathe, which are some of my favourite things! When picnicing with friends, Hyde Park provides the perfect location. It's big enough to set up your own space, has lots of facilities, and is just a really nice park to relax in. I also love Green Park, if you're in town anyway its a great place to sit for lunch!

My ideal picnic basket would include:
A massive blanket to lie on
Crisps & dip (spicy tomato, cheese & chive)
Cocktail sausages
M&S chicken & stuffing sandwich (not very seasonal but it tastes good all year round)
Ribena & water
Jaques or Rose Wine
Percy pigs
Mini sausage rolls
Fruit pastels

yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment