Wednesday 22 July 2009

Eating Out

Those who know me will know that food plays a really important part in my life. I love food, and I love eating out. These are some of my favourite places to eat:

Harvester
Harvester is a really great place to eat out with family. I always order the same thing when I go there (Harvester rack of ribs), it's just too good to resist! When the meal arrives it always looks too big to eat, but somehow i always manage :) The meals are reasonably priced too, especially if you get the earlybird menu which is given if you are seated before 6.30pm. Another thing I love about Harvester is the salad cart. The wide choice of refillable salad means you don't even need to order a starter, which makes the whole meal more affordable. Harvester does a great dessert selection aswell, I always go for the rocky horror, it is literally the best dessert in the world, and even when I tell myself I wont have one I just can't resist. 

Pizza Express
I have begun to eat at Pizza Express more often recently, mainly because of the Taste London card. The card offers 1/2 price meals in most Pizza Express restaurants and many other chains, which makes the meal much cheaper than usual. Their pizzas are always really enjoyable, and they do the nicest dough balls i've ever had. You can get a one month free trial Taste London card from this website: http://www.tastelondon.co.uk/iwantafreemembership.php   which allows you do enjoy eating out more for less money - I highly recommend!

Weatherspoons
When i'm at uni, Weatherspoons is our saviour. Elephant & Castle doesn't offer the best in culinary talent, but Weatherspoons suits us students perfectly. We often spent lunchtime in our local, the food is actually pretty good and its so cheap you really can't go wrong. When im trying to be healthy I go for the tuna jacket potato & salad which is really tasty, and such good value for £2.99. They also do a really nice fish, chips and peas, and their Thursday curry night is pretty perfect for a cheap student dinner! If you've got an NUS card you should get 20% off food aswell - what more could you want?!


1 comment:

  1. i love wetherspoons :-) and also the food cart at the harvester - yummy potato salad!! xxx

    ReplyDelete